Saturday, April 9, 2011

TAXI DRIVER ON BLU-RAY!


Today I picked up the TAXI DRIVER blu-ray!  The Best Buy deal ($12.99) has got to be the greatest deal for a blu-ray for one of the most perfect examples of cinema ever made (IMHO).  I was blown away by Scorsese's masterpiece on its first theatrical release in '76 and have seen it countless times on the big screen (most recently during the 30th anniversary restoration projected at 4K at select AMC Theaters last April!).  For home viewing, I own the film in practically every configuration/format that it was released- Super 8mm magnetic sound film (an 18 min. abridgement), betamax, VHS, LaserDisc (the deluxe Criterion Edition), DVD and now... blu-ray!  It's probably the movie I've watched more times than any other (Bruce Lee's ENTER THE DRAGON is a close second)!  Did I mention how much I like this film?

No comments:

Post a Comment